Family Ledger Report
The Family Ledger Report includes all transactions for all patients in a family during a date range you specify. The report will include the date of treatment, tooth number, description, patient, charges, payments, and a running balance. Total Family Transactions that are calculated include YTD Finance Charges, YTD Late Charges, YTD Family Payments, and YTD Insurance Payments. Also, there is an option to separate out and list Patient Balances at the bottom of the report.
To generate the report
1. In the Reports menu in the Office Manager, point to Ledger, and then click Family Ledger.
The Family Ledger Report dialog box appears.
2. Type the Report Date that you want to print on the report. The default is the current date.
3. Do the following:
· Select Guarantor - Select the range of guarantors you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending guarantor, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all guarantors.
· Select Provider - Select the range of providers you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending provider, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all providers.
· Select Billing Type - Select the range of billing types you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending billing types, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all billing types.
· First Transaction Date - Type a new date to change the default.
Note: By default, Dentrix enters the current date and includes all transactions before the first transaction date in the balance forward. In the report, all transactions from the balance forward date to the current date print.
· Print Condensed Report - Select to print more than one family ledger on a single page. (Dentrix will not insert a page break between families.)
· List Individual Patient Balances for Family - Select to separate and list patient balances at the bottom of the report.
4. Click OK to send the report to the Batch Processor.
Note: Dentrix labels items placed in history with an asterisk (*) and labels items dated for history but entered after month end with a caret (^).