Patient Ledger Report
The Patient's Ledger Report includes all transactions specifically assigned to the patient within the specified date range, including a Patient Balance Forward. Initial Balances, Finance Charges, and Late Charges are only included on this report when it is generated for the guarantor. Total Patient Transactions are calculated and displayed.
To generate the report
1. In the Reports menu in the Office Manager, point to Ledger, and then click Patient's Ledger.
The Patient's Ledger Report dialog box appears.
2. Type the Report Date that you want to print on the report. The default is the current date.
3. Do the following:
· Select Patient - Select the range of patients that you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending patient, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all patients.
· Select Provider - Select the range of providers you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending provider, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all providers.
· Select Billing Type - Select the range of billing types you want to include. Click the From and To search buttons to select the starting and ending billing types, respectively, or, leave <ALL> selected in both fields to include all billing types.
4. To change the First Transaction Date from the default, type a new date.
Note: By default, Dentrix enters the current date and includes all transactions before the first transaction date in the balance forward. In the report, all transactions from the balance forward date to the current date print.
5. Select any or all of the following report options:
· Print Condensed Report - Prints more than one ledger on a single page (there is not a page break between patients).
· Show Family Balance - Prints the balance for the entire family.
· Include Guar Payments/Adjustments - Prints account transactions such as guarantor payments and adjustments. By default, the Patients Ledger Report will only print patient charges and insurance payments.
· List Individual Patient Balances for Family - Prints each family member's individual balance.
6. Click OK to send the report to the Batch Processor.
Note: Dentrix labels items placed in history with an asterisk (*) and labels items dated for history but entered after month end with a caret (^).