Setting mouth treatment area flags
Each default procedure already includes the relevant flags. Changing the flags does not affect any previously entered or charted procedures for a patient. When you post work in the future, Dentrix changes the procedure codes automatically according to the options you selected in the Flags dialog boxes. You can suspend the treatment area flags by setting Dentrix preferences. To learn more, click the following links:
To set mouth treatment area flags
1. In the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, point to Practice Setup, and then click Procedure Code Setup.
The Procedure Code Setup dialog box appears.
2. Click New.
The Procedure Code Editor dialog box appears.
3. Select Mouth from the Treatment Area list, and then click Flags.
The Mouth Flags dialog box appears.
4. Select one of the following:
· None - To not use the Mouth flag.
· Use Selected Teeth for Range - To require a tooth range when you chart or enter the procedure for a patient.
· Use Default Teeth for Range - To enter a range of tooth numbers for procedures such as dentures.
· Procedure Number for "Each Additional” - To enter the procedure code that you use for all but the first entry when you chart the procedure as Complete more than once on the same day for a patient.
5. Under Arch Flags, select one of the following:
· None - To not use the Arch flags.
· Procedure Codes for Alternate Arch - To type the procedure codes for the maxillary and mandibular arches.
Note: You must fill in the Maxillary and Mandibular text fields.
6. Click OK.