Setting root treatment area flags
Each default procedure already includes the relevant flags. Changing the flags does not affect any previously entered or charted procedures for a patient. When you post work in the future, Dentrix changes the procedure codes automatically according to the options you selected in the Flags dialog boxes. You can suspend the treatment area flags by setting Dentrix preferences. To learn more, click the following links:
To set root treatment area flags
1. In the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, point to Practice Setup, and then click Procedure Code Setup.
The Procedure Code Setup dialog box appears.
2. Click New.
The Procedure Code Editor dialog box appears.
3. Select Root from the Treatment Area list, and then click Flags.
The Root Flags dialog box appears.
4. Select one of the following:
· None - To not use the Root flag.
· Procedure Codes for Additional Roots - To enter the procedure codes that you use relative to the number of roots the selected tooth has when you chart the patient's procedure.
Note: If you select Procedure Codes for Additional Roots, you must fill in each of the text fields, For example, if there are only three additional procedure codes, you must repeat the procedure code entered in text field 3 in text fields 4 and 5.
5. Click OK.