Adding medical insurance carriers
Dentrix maintains a database of insurance companies, so you only need to enter the insurance information once.
To add an insurance carrier
1. In the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, point to Reference, and then click Insurance Maintenance.
The Insurance Maintenance dialog box appears.
2. Click the Medical tab, and then click New.
The Medical Insurance Plan Information dialog box appears.
3. Type or select the following information:
· Carrier Name - Type the carrier's name or click the search button to select a carrier.
· Group Plan - Type the plan's name or click the search button to select a group plan. If you do not have a group plan name, use the employer name as the group plan name.
· Employer - Type the employer's name or click the search button to select an employer. Dentrix links the insurance plan with the employer so that, when you enter patients with this employer in the Family File, you can search by employer for the correct insurance plan.
· Address - Type the insurance carrier's street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
· Phone - Type the insurance carrier's phone number and extension, if applicable.
· Contact - Type the name of your contact at the insurance carrier.
· Group # - Type the plan number. If the plan is a union plan, type the local chapter's number.
· Last Update - Type the last date that you updated the insurance information. Dentrix does not update this field automatically.
· Claim Format - Select the preferred format to use when printing forms for the carrier. HCFANPI is the standard AMA form for a laser printer.
Note: For the HCFA form and carrier specific forms, Dentrix prints the correct information in the correct location on the form, but will not print the form. You will need to purchase pre-printed forms for these carriers and feed them into the printer.
· Fee Schedule - Click the search button to attach a fee schedule to the insurance carrier.
Note: If you attach a fee schedule to the carrier, Dentrix uses that fee schedule instead of the fee schedule attached to the patient’s primary provider. However, if you selected a fee schedule for the patient, Dentrix uses that fee schedule instead of the one attached to the carrier.
· Notes - Click the button to type a note.
· Payor ID - Relates to Dentrix eClaims. If you subscribe to Dentrix eClaims, type the ID or click the search button to select one.
· Provider ID Setup - Click the button to specify a specific insurance ID for a provider. For information on how to set up multiple IDs for a provider, click Customizing provider ID codes.
· National Plan ID - Relates to Dentrix eClaims. If you subscribe to Dentrix eClaims, type the ID for the carrier.
· Source of Payment - Relates to Dentrix eClaims. If you subscribe to Dentrix eClaims, select the appropriate source for the carrier from the list.
4. To exclude the group plan name from electronic claims, select Do Not Include Group Plan Name for Electronic Claims.
5. Click OK.