Setting ADA code names
After typing a description for the procedure code in the Description text box of the Procedure Code Editor dialog box, you need to type an ADA code. The standard ADA code name for the procedure appears in most Dentrix modules. Dentrix also uses the ADA code name to print some reports according to procedure range.
To set an ADA code name
1. In the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, point to Practice Setup, and then click Procedure Code Setup.
The Procedure Code Setup dialog box appears.
2. Select a Procedure Code Category and code from their respective lists, and then click New or Edit.
The Procedure Code Editor appears.
3. Do the following:
· Description - Type a description for the procedure code.
· Code Names
· ADA Code - Type the ADA code.
· Abbrev Desc - Type an abbreviated description of the code.
Note: The abbreviated description appears in the Appointment Book and Appointment List as the "reason" for an appointment when you schedule a procedure from a patient's treatment plan. Dentrix also treats abbreviated descriptions as alternate codes. You can customize name of the Abbrev Desc text box from the Practice Definitions dialog box. To learn more, click Customizing practice definitions.
· Code 3 - Type an alternate procedure code, if necessary.
· Code 4 - Type an alternate procedure code, if necessary.
· Code 5 - Type an alternate procedure code, if necessary.
Note: You can use any alternate code (Abbrev Desc or Code 3-5) when an insurance company does not accept the standard ADA code on an insurance claim. You can customize the names of the Code 3, Code 4, and Code 5 text boxes from the Practice Definitions dialog box. To learn more, click Customizing practice definitions.