Appointment list menus
The various types of appointment lists include several menus:
Note: Some menu options may not be available depending on the type of appointment list you are using.
1. In the Appt Lists menu in the Appointment Book, click one of the following:
· Appt List - The Appointment List window appears.
· ASAP List - The ASAP List window appears.
· Unscheduled List - The Unscheduled List window appears.
· Pinboard List - The Pinboard List window appears.
2. Click View.
The List View dialog box corresponding to the menu item you clicked appears.
The List View dialog box allows you to view appointments by provider or operatory.
· If you select a provider, only the appointments assigned to that provider appear in the list after you click OK.
· If you select an operatory, only the appointments assigned to that operatory appear in the list after you click OK.
· If you select View All, appointments for all providers in all operatories for the displayed date appear in the list after you click OK. If you do not select View All, only appointments for one provider or one operatory appear in the list.
· Click Save As Default to save the current view information as the default.
In the Appt menu of the appointment list window you clicked, click one of the following options:
· Move to Pinboard - Moves the selected appointment to the Pinboard.
· Break Appointment - Breaks the selected appointment. The broken appointment appears in the Unscheduled List only. The Break Appointment option is only available in the Appointment List.
· Delete Appointment - Deletes the selected appointment. You must select the appointment from the list before this command is executed. Once you delete an appointment, it is permanently erased from the Dentrix database.
· Copy to Clipboard - Copies the information to the Windows Clipboard. You can then paste it into other Windows applications.
· Purge Appointments - Allows you to enter a cut off date. Dentrix permanently deletes all appointments up to that date from the Unscheduled Appointments List.
Click Refresh to update a list in real time.
Note: Refresh is not available in the Appointment List.
Click an appointment from the list, click Status, and then set the status of the appointment as of the last contact with the patient.
· You can customize appointment statuses. To learn more, click Practice Definitions.
· Status is not available in the Unscheduled List.
Click Eligibility to check the insurance benefits eligibility for the selected patient. To learn more, click Checking Insurance Eligibility.
Click Office Journal to open the selected patient’s Office Journal.
Note: You cannot add patients to the ASAP List unless you assign them an appointment time first. This ensures that the patient is seen regardless of whether the office has an opening before the scheduled date.