Attaching continuing care types manually
If you are seeing a continuing care patient, you should attach a continuing care type to the appointment. If you attach a continuing care type to an appointment reason, Dentrix attaches the appropriate continuing care types automatically.
To attach a continuing care type to an appointment
1. Double-click the appointment that you want to attach a continuing care type to.
The Appointment Information dialog box appears.
2. Clear Use Reason to Auto Update CC.
Note: Dentrix attaches the appropriate continuing care types to appointments automatically if you attach the appointment reason, such as Prophy - Adult, to a continuing care type and select Use Reason to Auto Update CC.
3. Click the Continuing Care search button.
The Patient Pending C. Care dialog box with a list of all continuing care types for that patient appears.
4. Select the continuing care types that you want to attach, and click OK.
· When you select Use Reason to Auto Update CC and then select a procedure attached to a continuing care type that is not set up for the patient, a message appears asking if you want to set up this type for the patient using the default settings. Click Yes to set up the continuing care type automatically.
· If the continuing care type you need is already attached to another appointment, a message appears asking if you want to attach the continuing care type to the current appointment. Click Yes to attach it to the current appointment.
· If you want to create Continuing Care appointment reminder cards, you must attach Continuing Care to an appointment.