Creating a family file for new patients
Since new patients do not yet have a family file, you cannot locate them using the Select Patient dialog box. Similarly, you cannot use the Quick Letters and the Send Message features until you create a family file for them.
To create a family file for a new patient
1. Select the new patient's appointment in the Appointment Book window.
2. In the File menu, click Family File.
The Family File window appears.
3. In the File menu in the Family File, click New Patient with Appt.
The For New Patient dialog box appears.
4. Select the option most appropriate for the new patient.
· If the patient is the head-of-household for a new family, select Create New Family.
· If the patient should be added to an existing family, and that family is currently selected in the Family File, select Add to Current Family.
Note: If no family is selected in the Family File, this option is not available.
· If the new patient should be added to an existing family and that family is not currently selected in the Family File, select the Select Family option.
The Select Patient dialog box appears.
· Select the head-of-household for the family.
· Click OK.
5. Click OK.
The Patient Information dialog box appears.
6. Enter the patient’s information.
7. Click OK.