Scheduling initial appointments
Since not all appointments are for the same reason, Dentrix allows you a great amount of flexibility in setting appointments by dividing the reasons for an appointment into three primary categories:
· Initial - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you would provide on an initial visit, such as an exam or a cleaning.
· Add Tx - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you previously treatment planned, or if the procedure requires additional information, such as a tooth number, quadrant, or surfaces.
· Misc - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you have not treatment planned and does not require additional information, such as a tooth number, quadrant, or surfaces. In such cases, click Add Tx instead.
To learn more about changing the options from the Appointment Information dialog box, click:
· Customizing appointment check lists
To schedule an initial appointment
1. In the File menu in the Appointment Book, click Select Patient - New Appt.
The Select Patient dialog box appears.
2. Select the patient you want to schedule the appointment for.
The Appointment Information dialog box appears.
3. Under Reason, click Initial.
The Select Initial Reasons dialog box appears.
4. Select an initial reason from the list, and then click OK.
Dentrix provides a description of and assigns a length of time to the appointment automatically based on the procedures you selected.
5. To change the default values Dentrix sets, click the following links:
6. From the Appointment Information dialog box, click OK.
Dentrix saves the appointment to the Appointment Book.