Scheduling treatment plan appointments
Since not all appointments are for the same reason, Dentrix allows you a great amount of flexibility in setting appointments by dividing the reasons for an appointment into three primary categories:
· Initial - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you would provide on an initial appointment, such as an exam or a cleaning.
· Add Tx - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you previously treatment planned, or if the procedure requires additional information, such as a tooth number, quadrant, or surfaces.
· Misc - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you have not treatment planned and does not require additional information, such as a tooth number, quadrant, or surfaces. In such cases, click Add Tx instead.
To learn more about changing the options from the Appointment Information dialog box, click:
· Customizing appointment check lists
To schedule a treatment plan appointment
1. In the File menu in the Appointment Book, click Select Patient - New Appt.
The Select Patient dialog box appears.
2. Select the patient you want to schedule the appointment for.
The Appointment Information dialog box appears.
2. Click Add Tx.
The Treatment Plan dialog box appears.
3. To add a new treatment-planned procedure, click New Tx.
The Enter Procedure(s) dialog box appears.
4. Click the Procedure search button.
The Procedure Codes dialog box appears.
5. Select a category from the Category list, then from the Procedure Code List, select the desired procedure code, and click OK.
Dentrix updates the Amount field in the Enter Procedure(s) dialog box to reflect the amount billed for the procedures you selected.
6. Do one or more of the following:
· Override Proc Flags - Select to have Dentrix ignore the default procedure flags.
· Do Not Bill to Dental Ins - Select if the insurance provider should not be billed for the procedure.
· Require Start/Completion Dates - Select if the patient's insurance company requires start and completion dates for claims and then type the appropriate dates.
· Referred - Click the search button if someone referred the patient to your office or if you will refer the patient to another provider, then select Referred By Doctor/Other or Referred To Doctor, respectively, and click OK.
7. Click Add to add the procedures to the Procedure List, and then click OK/Post.
Dentrix adds all of the procedures in the Procedure List to the treatment plan.
8. Select the treatment plan procedures for this visit from the Treatment Plan dialog box, and then click Close.
9. To change the default values Dentrix sets, from the Appointment Information dialog box, click the following links:
10. Click OK.
Dentrix saves the appointment to the Appointment Book.