Scheduling unplanned appointments
Since not all appointments are for the same reason, Dentrix allows you a great amount of flexibility in setting appointments by dividing the reasons for an appointment into three primary categories:
· Initial - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you would provide on an initial appointment, such as an exam or a cleaning.
· Add Tx - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you previously treatment planned, or if the procedure requires additional information, such as a tooth number, quadrant, or surfaces.
· Misc - Click if you are seeing the patient for a procedure that you have not treatment planned and does not require additional information, such as a tooth number, quadrant, or surfaces. In such cases, click Add Tx instead.
To learn more about changing the options from the Appointment Information dialog box, click:
· Customizing appointment check lists
To schedule an unplanned appointment
1. In the File menu in the Appointment Book, click Select Patient - New Appt.
The Select Patient dialog box appears.
2. Select the patient you want to schedule the appointment for.
The Appointment Information dialog box appears.
3. Click Misc.
The Procedure Codes dialog box appears.
4. Select a category from the Category list.
5. From the Procedure Code List, select the desired procedure code, and then click OK.
Dentrix provides a description of and assigns a length of time to the appointment automatically based on the procedures you selected.
6. To change the default values Dentrix sets, click the following links:
7. In the Appointment Information dialog box, click OK.
Dentrix saves the appointment to the Appointment Book.