Setting up views
In Dentrix, you can create up to twelve separate views on each computer in your office with unique view settings for providers, operators, calendars, and appointment display information. Views are computer-specific, making it possible for you to see different information when you are in a hygiene operatory than when you are at the front desk or at another computer on the network.
To set up a view
1. In the Appointment Book menu bar, click View.
The Select View dialog box appears.
2. Click New.
The Select View dialog box appears.
3. Do the following:
· Provider(s) - Select the providers you want to assign to this view.
Note: Dentrix saves the first ten providers for each view created. Selecting a provider displays the provider color column in the Appointment Book for that provider. Appointments scheduled in a displayed operatory will always show, regardless of the provider assigned to the appointment.
· Operatories - Select the operatories that you want to view.
Note: You can view up to ten operatories at a time.
· Month Time View - Type a start and an end time.
Note: You must set these times. If you enter the times incorrectly, you may receive error messages when you switch to the month view.
· Select Days - Select the days of the week that you work.
Note: Only the days you select appear in the week and month views.
4. Depending on the length of an appointment, up to nine lines of information can appear on the face of an appointment. The Appointment Display Info option allows you to customize and prioritize the text lines for each appointment.
In each Line # box, select the information that you want to display on that line.
· [None] - Inserts a blank line.
· Name - Displays the patient’s name. Typically this item is assigned to the first position.
· Appt Reason - Displays the reason for the appointment. If you frequently schedule several different procedures in an appointment, you can use two or three back-to-back lines for the Appointment Reason item. That way, if the description will not fit on one line, Dentrix will wrap it to the next line. (The wrap ability is limited to the Appointment Reason item.)
· Phone - Displays the patient’s home phone number.
· Provider - Displays the provider ID.
· Amount - Displays the production amount for the appointment.
· Appt Type - Displays the appointment type (general or high, medium, or low production).
· Staff - Displays the staff member assigned to the appointment.
· Work Phone - Display the patient’s work phone number.
· Soc Sec # - Displays the patient’s Social Security number.
· Pref Name - Displays the patient’s preferred name. (Do not substitute preferred name for name, since Dentrix leaves the line blank if the patient does not have a preferred name.)
· Chart Num - Displays the patient’s Chart Number on the appointment.
· Name/Pref - Displays the patient’s first name and preferred name on the same line.
· Referred By - Displays the patient's referral source.
Note: On average, most appointments display two to four information lines; therefore, assign the most important items to the first lines.
5. Select one or more of the following:
· View Amount - Adds a small box to the upper-right corner of the Appointment Book that displays the scheduled production amount for the day, week, or month depending on the selected view.
Note: Dentrix rounds production amounts to the nearest dollar and camouflages them by adding a zero in front of the amount, making it less likely that patients will associate the number with revenue.
· View Appt Notes - Adds a note symbol in the upper-right corner of any appointment that you assigned an Appointment Note to.
· View Alerts - Adds a red cross in the upper-right corner of an appointment for patients with medical alerts.
· View Provider Columns - Adds color-coded columns to the left side of the Appointment Book corresponding to each provider and their appointment blocks. Clear the check box to remove the columns.
6. Click OK.
Dentrix saves your settings.