Tips from Our New Continuing Care Workshop
One of the strongest features of the Dentrix continuing care cystem is its ability to display your recall information in a variety of ways. You can create customized views that give you information in the format most useful for your practice’s daily processes. For example, you could create a list that shows the patients who are due for a prophy visit in the next 30 days but have not scheduled an appointment.
To create customized continuing care views:
From the Office Manager, click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Continuing Care > Continuing Care Views Setup. The Continuing Care Views Setup dialog box appears and displays all permanent views that have been previously created.
Click New to add a Continuing Care view. (Note: You can also select an existing continuing care view and click Edit to customize it.) The New/Edit Continuing Care View dialog box appears.
- In the View Name field, enter a name for the view.
Select desired filters:
Type - To view all continuing care types, leave <ALL> selected. To display a list for only one continuing care type, select the desired type.
- Select With CC to view patients who have an assigned due date for the selected continuing care type (or ALL types).
- Select Without CC to view patients who have not been assigned the selected type. You can use the Without CC option to find patients who have “fallen through the cracks” and have never been set up for recall.
- Status – Choose from the dropdown options to view patients with a certain status, such as appointment scheduled, call back, etc.
- Sched Appt? - Filter the list for patients with or without a continuing care appointment scheduled or leave <ALL> selected to see all patients.
Due Date - To view patients by a filtered due date:
- Select Use Due Date Range to enter a specific date range.
- Select Use Due Date Span to generate the list for a specified time span, such as one month, and set the span in the Before and After fields.
- Billing Type – Click the >> button by From to select the beginning billing type (i.e., standard billing, no insurance, etc.) for the range. Click the >> button by To to select the ending billing type for the range.
- Prior Treatment Date - You can filter the list by the patient’s continuing care prior treatment date. Enter a date span in relation to today’s (or the set) date.
- Last Treatment Date - To filter the list by a last visit date span, enter a date span in relation to today’s (or the set) date in the Last Visit Date Span field. The Prior Treatment Date Span looks at the date the patient was last seen for the continuing care reason. The Last Visit Date Span looks at the date the patient was last seen for any reason.
- Provider - Filter the list by a provider, range of providers or all providers. When you filter the view by provider, Dentrix looks at the patient’s assigned continuing care provider and not the patient’s Family File primary provider.
Select Sort Order. This field allows you to define how the list organizes its information. To change the sort order, highlight the option you want to sort by, then click the Page Up key on your keyboard to move that option to the top of the sort list. You can sort the list by the following options:
- Due Date - Organize the list chronologically.
- Patient Name - Organize the list alphabetically by last name.
- Family - Organize the list by the guarantor’s last name. All members of the same family will be grouped together on the list, even if they don’t share the same last name.
- Continuing Care Type - Organize the list by type. All patients with the same type will be grouped together on the list.
- Continuing Care Status - Organize the list by status. All patients with the same status will be grouped together on the list.
- Click OK to save the view. Depending on the size of your database, it may take a few minutes to load your continuing care view.