Sub-totalling Treatment Case Estimates by Visit
For patients with extensive treatment plans, seeing the total for the entire plan on the Treatment Case Report can be overwhelming. If a patient is going to have the treatment completed in stages, you may want to break down the treatment and show subtotals by visits on the report, which lets the patient focus on the smaller estimate for each visit.
To sub-total treatment case estimates by visit:
- In the Treatment Planner, select the treatment plan case you want to print, click the Print button, and select Print Treatment Case.
- In the Case Procedure Options group box, enter the visit number(s) you want to include in the printout. If you want to include all the visits, clear out any numbers in the field.
- Check the Print Subtotals by Visit option to print a subtotal of the price estimates for each visit.
- Set the other report options as desired and click OK.
- In order to sub-total treatment by visit, you must first assign the visits to the procedures in the treatment case.
- You can include a range of visits by typing a range of numbers with a hyphen between them (e.g. 1-4). Or, you can print specific visits by separating them with a comma (e.g. 1, 3, 5). You can also do a combination of the two (e.g. 1-3, 5).
For additional tips about using the Dentrix Treatment Planner, visit our Treatment Planning board on Pinterest, which has links to several past tips and Dentrix eNewsletter articles.
Author: Sean Eyring, Curriculum Development Specialist