You Asked For It and We Delivered: Fill Appointment
The new Fill Appointment feature in Dentrix is a text messaging service that you can use to fill available appointment times in the Appointment Book. With Fill Appointment, you can message up to 40 patients from the ASAP, Broken, Continuing Care, Will Call, and Pinboard lists and notify them that an appointment is available. Patients can then call your office and take the open time or schedule for a different time when the holes in the schedule have been filled.
Important: You must have Dentrix G6.6 or higher and Communication Manager to use Fill Appointment. To set up Communication Manager, call 1-800-Dentrix.
Benefits of Fill Appointment
- Fills available appointment times directly in your Dentrix Appointment Book with much less time and effort than multiple phone calls
- Provides contact with patients using text messages, a less intrusive and modern contact preference of many patients
- Helps maximize your daily production schedule
Here is the other information you need to get started:
To set up Fill Appointment
- In the Appointment Book, select Options > Fill Appointment.
- Click the Setup button and set the filters to determine which group of patients will receive the text message.
- Select Provider – Select the provider(s) whose schedule you want to fill.
- Select List Type – Select which appointment list(s) of patients you want to include.
- Span of Search – Select the appointment date range to include.
- Length – Select appointment length to include.
- Click OK to generate a list of patients that match your criteria.
To send a text message
- In the Fill Appointment List, click the Text Setup button.
- Type the message you want to send in the Text Message field.
- In the Office Confirmation Email field, enter an email address that confirmation text message replies will be sent to.
- Click Save.
- From the Fill Appointment List, select the patients you want to send a text message to, and then click Send. Confirm that you want to send the text message, and then click Yes. Selected patients receive the text message you set up, and an Office Journal entry is automatically added for each patient on the list.
Start using the Fill Appointment feature today and improve your practice revenue by maximizing the open slots in your schedule.
Bruce Herbert, eServices Product Marketing ManagerPublished: