Generating the Patient Report (by Filters)
The Patient Report (by Filters) option in Dentrix makes it easy for you to create custom reports and find specific patient data. When you generate reports using this feature, you can specify which information you want to see on the report, so you don’t have to search through information you don’t need to find the information you want.
You can use the Patient Report (by Filters) to find information you need that can’t be found in the regular Dentrix reports or to create one report that contains pieces of information that are given on several different reports.
To run the Patient Report (by Filters)
- Select Office Manager | Letters | Misc. Letters…
- Highlight Patient Report (by filters) and click Edit to open the Patient Report View.
- Select the filters you want to use to narrow the report data. (For information about each filter, consult the Dentrix G4 User’s Guide or the Dentrix G4 Reports Reference.)
- Click the Data Fields tab and check the data you want to include on the report.
- Click OK to close the Patient Report View.
- Click Create/Merge
- When you are prompted to choose a create/merge option, select Create Data File ONLY.
- Click OK to close the Create/Merge Options.
- Click View List. The Windows Notepad will open with the information.
- Copy the data and paste it into Microsoft Excel or another electronic spreadsheet tool.
For more information about generating the Patient Report (by Filters) or to find information about other Dentrix reports, go to the Dentrix Resource Center.Author: