Dentrix G5 Offers New Screen Capture Feature
Dentrix G5 includes a new Screen Capture feature that allows you to capture any image on your computer screen, including graphics, images from third-party software, X-rays, perio charts and Web pages. This is especially useful for creating digital X-ray attachments for electronic insurance claims. With claims, you often need to send attachments to support or document the claim. Now you can use Screen Capture to include digital copies of images and send them with claims electronically.
To attach a screen capture to an insurance claim:
- From the patient’s Ledger, open an insurance claim and double-click the Claim Information block. The Insurance Claim Information dialog box appears.
In the Attachments group box, select the type and number of attachments you are including, and click the Include Attachment(s) button.
In the Include Attachment(s) dialog box, click the Screen Capture button.
The Screen Capture dialog box appears, which instructs you to find the image on your computer that you want to capture.
- When you have the image you want to capture on the screen, click the Start Capture button from the Screen Capture dialog box.
Your cursor changes from an arrow to a cross-hair icon. Click and drag a box around the image you want to capture, and then release the mouse to capture the image inside the box you created.
- The captured image appears in the list of attachments for this claim, and a copy of the image is automatically sent to the patient’s Document Center as well.
- Include other attachments as needed, and click Close.
- Click OK in the Insurance Claim Information dialog, and send the insurance claim as you normally would.
For more information about using the Screen Capture feature, log in to the Dentrix Resource Center and view knowledgebase article #61031. Expand the Dentrix G5 option, and view the short video titled “Dentrix G5 New Features.” To see information about customizing Screen Capture default settings, see the Attaching screen captures topic in the Dentrix Help Files.