Gain an in-depth understanding of how to use the Dentrix Ledger to correctly bill insurance in order to collect more quickly and easily. Learn how to properly create pre-authorizations, create primary and secondary claims, add attachments and claim remarks to decrease claim denials or requests for more information, enter and split insurance payments, and generate important reports to identify claims that were never sent or need follow-up. (Note: Insurance plan set up will be covered in a future class.) Hands-on class for experienced Dentrix users. 9am-5pm.
Who Should Attend
The Insurance: Billing & Collections Workshop is for you if you:
- Are a front office Dentrix user, financial coordinator, office manager, or practice owner who creates or manages insurance claims
- Are responsible for tracking insurance claims
- Want to thoroughly understand the insurance claim process in Dentrix from beginning to end
- Need to learn what you can do to increase the likelihood of claim payment and reduce claim denials
- Want a hands-on training experience with a Dentrix Certified Trainer
- Want to learn from your peers and build your professional network
- Want to get away from the distractions of the office for a full day spent focused on learning
- Are preparing for the Insurance Dentrix Mastery Tracks test
What You'll Learn
Processing and Tracking Insurance Claims
Learn how to create pre-authorizations and claims for both primary and secondary claims, add claim information and remarks, add attachments to claims, print claims, send claims electronically, track claims, and generate important claim reports. Get tips and tricks for speeding up the process and improving your insurance claim routines. Find out what you can do to increase claim acceptance and get paid faster.
Receiving Insurance Claims
Learn how to enter claim payments, split claims when you receive partial payments, enter additional insurance payments, enter adjustments, use electronic EOBs, and enter batch insurance payments. Get tips and tricks for automating the process and saving time.
Setting up Claim Defaults
Learn how to set important insurance claim options like signature on file options, claim formats, provider insurance IDs, claim providers, payment options, and processing options. Get tips and tricks for customizing Dentrix to work the way you want to process claims in your office.